How we screw ourselves
- Us: DC, PLEASE don't make everything dark and gritty just because the Nolan movies made lots of money.
- DC: People can't be superheroes if they have happiness in their personal lives.
- Us: That's not true! We need lighthearted books to contrast with the dark ones! We like seeing our superheroes have fun!
- DC: Okay, how about Batgirl?
- Us: NOOOOOOOOOOO! Batgirl is a serious, intelligent woman!! You are taking away all her gravitas and turning her into a child!! I won't read it, I won't!!
My idea of rich is that you can buy every book you ever want without looking at the price and you’re never around assholes. That’s the two things to really fight for in life. — John Waters (via detailsdetales)